Wednesday 24 July 2013

Rooted

First off I have no clue how to blog so excuse me for my lack of blogger etiquette. (:

                This summer has been one of the craziest experiences I’ve ever had. Being exposed to some intense retreats and conferences, I realized that the Lord must be an active part of my everyday life, and that I can no longer ignore him. Knowing this I prepared to embark on my journey and I lived happily ever after.


Well that is what I thought it was going to be like and now about a month later I found that this journey was a lot harder than I thought. The part of this journey that I was truly struggling with was having the strength and trust to be able to allow myself to really let the Lord work in my life. Knowing this I took my struggles and placed it at the feet of the Lord by going to adoration. In adoration I read the story of how Jesus cursed the fig tree. If you guys don’t know the story it was basically when Jesus was like HEY FIG “TREE I’M HUNGRY! WHY DON’T YOU HAVE ANY FRUIT?!?! THAT’S IT YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO HAVE ANYMORE FRUIT!”  And then the fig tree died… yup that is our Lord just having a typical day.  Anyways reading that story Jesus tells us that if our faith is so deeply rooted then our prayers will be able to do anything include making a fig tree died. I sat there and at the moment I really was not aware of what I just read; to me I felt that Jesus had just told me a story about how he had a fight with a tree and won.  I realized that there was a deeper meaning here and after meditating on it I realized that what the Lord was doing was giving me the answer I had been longing for. I had been struggling to figure out how to really invest myself in this journey that the Lord was taking me on and how I would be able to have the strength to endure all that would happen on this path. Through scripture and through just looking into his face (the most Blessed Sacrament) for the first I really understood what he was trying to tell me. He told me that to be able to make it through this journey that I must trust him and that I must have continuous faith in where he is guiding me because without that rooted faith and trust I would fall prey to all the corruptions of the world; that those who are so firm in their faith will be able to do anything through prayer and be able to truly speak with him.

 Brothers and sisters, all of us are a faith journey of our own and through this journey we will have to endure many hardships and pressures from the outside world, but if we stay rooted in our faith and endless in our trust there is nothing we will not be able to do because the Lord is our strength.

Your Brother In Christ,

Trong Do 

No comments:

Post a Comment