Tuesday 9 July 2013

Trust in the Lord

Trust in the Lord

Hello brothers and sisters, my witness is how I trusted in God and how He led me to a faith-filled community.

Again the famous words are repeated, I was raised Catholic. I lived in a household that went to Sunday mass and was an active family in the church. So I knew that God was there but I never had a trusting relationship with Him. At this point in my life I thought I was fit for heaven. 


At school, I didn't have much of a social life, or talked to anyone in general. I never fitted in with any crowd of people. There would be people who are car fanatics, or athletic stars. I felt so alone and separated from others. I put up so many walls to keep myself away.

One summer, my mom signed me up for Covecrest, which is a week long Catholic summer camp in Tiger, Georgia.

I wasn't looking forward to it because I only knew one person and there was 99 more strangers.

But on one night of the week, there was an opportunity for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
I remember kneeling and praying to God to answer why I felt so lonely. I had my eyes closed, and after I kept questioning God, I saw a vision of God with his arm extending outwards towards me, as to include me into His divine love. I quickly opened my eyes, ('cause it was my first vision of Jesus so I kinda sorta freaked out) and when I looked in front of me, the priest was holding Jesus Christ in the monstrance right in front of me.
 It was such a glorious sight that I wish everyone could experience. I remember feeling a burning sensation in my chest like my heart was set on fire. Every second that passed, one of the walls that I put up in my heart, burned away to nothing. At this point, I'm freaking out and I was like,  

"This is not heartburn!

In that same moment, God spoke to me saying, "Son, Guide my church, and there will be people there that will journey with you, for you shall never be alone" I prayed in thanksgiving for God answering my prayer and I put my entire trust in Him.

After the retreat, I came back home and decided to respond to God's call and register to be a Teen Assistant at my church and became more active with my fellow teens. The first few days were rough, I still didn't understand why God would call an outcast to be active and lead others. Soon after I realized that God was putting people in my life to journey along with.

So yeah, after year or so, its still challenging to trust God fully sometimes. But I know with the people that God himself put in my life, that I do not have to travel this life alone.

To all of you struggling with trust, loneliness, or social anxiety, know that God has a plan for each step of your life. Put your trust in the Lord and you will never regret it!

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."--Jeremiah 29:11

If you want to talk my email is: chris.landa.cl@gmail.com, phone #: 936-494-9831

God Bless,

Christopher Landa

No comments:

Post a Comment