Tuesday 5 November 2013

Dependency

I'm the type of person who loves to keep a prayer journal. Yet today was the first time I set aside the time to authentically talk to God through my journal in 6 days. 6 days! I sat there and realized the impact it had had on my week by not setting aside some of my time to have that much needed one-on-one conversation with God. A year ago or so, this might realization may not have been so shocking to me, but in the past year, as I've challenged myself further in my faith, I'm realizing more and more my dependency on God. Not setting aside time to talk to Him directly (besides mass & Bible study), affected me so much, I felt like I hadn't talked to Him in a century.
As I reflect on the past week, I'm realizing how differently a lot of situations could have gone had I taken it to God. There were two separate accounts in the past week where I witnessed people I love more than anything making decisions that hurt them. I became upset at myself, beating myself up for not doing more to keep them away from these decisions. But I didn't even take enough time to go back and offer them up in prayer, the greatest thing you can do for anyone. I was more concerned with how I could help them on my own, than how I know God can handle it.
We honestly can't do anything without God's grace. But we have to remember that with it, there's nothing we can't do. My favorite verse is Isaiah 41:13, which says, "For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'" If that wasn't enough for me to hear tonight, right after I read that verse, the song Let The Waters Rise by Mikeschair sang, "You were faithful before, You'll be faithful again, I'm holding Your hand." He's holding our hand, but we have to remember to reach out and hold it back, letting ourselves rely on Him. He is always faithful, and we will never have to face any storm alone because He is with us. We all have highs and lows in our prayer lives, but I challenge y'all and am praying for y'all as you work on creating a greater dependency on Christ, and please pray for me to continue to be more diligent in mine as well!

In His Name,
Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment