Sunday 15 September 2013

Don't be a Raisin!

Today was very good. I like Sundays for a couple of reasons, the first being that it's the start to a new week, but not only that, it can be the restart of an entire life. What I mean is, no matter what happened the week before, or even the night before, you can go to Confession and receive Jesus in Communion, and then that's it! You're brand spankin' new. Clean and pretty! Sparkling and shiny! 

Isn't it wonderful? This faith that we have? There is a fountain gushing with mercy and grace, flowing from the altar, and if you're not jumping into it, and letting the waters wash you clean then you're going find yourself all dried up like a spiritually metaphoric raisin! Don't be a raisin! Soak up the water of life! Feed yourself with the Body and Blood of our Lord! 

Feeling sad? Go to the table!
Depressed? Go to the table!
Lonely? Forgotten? Sinful? Shameful? Embarrassed? Doubtful? Confused? Lost? Go To The Table!!! 

God is eager to show you what He can do, if only you accept it! 

Today, I made a impossible challenge for myself, even though I know that failure and hardship is certain.

I prayed that I can be better. 
That I can be more faithful.
That I can be nicer and love more.
That I can be more diligent. 
That I can invest more in God, and more in the people I love.
That I can not doubt the security of the investment I have made, but instead find hope in the power of Love.
That I can be better. 
I know I can't. On my own, that is.
But with God, through God, and in God, I will find strength, and courage to move on and persevere in this world. 

Brothers and Sisters, I know what you want is peace. I know you feel restless and weary, worn out from school and people, broken by sin, and uneasy with doubt and confusion. But hear now from today's second reading, 

"The saying is sure and worthy of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. And I am the foremost of sinners; but I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience for an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.
To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Timothy 1:15-17

Well that about sums it up! Tomorrow, let's go out and fight the good fight! Be light! Be Love! Be Hope! Be Faith! Be Joy! Christ has rose from the dead! We will follow Him, and rise too! Love awaits us, brothers and sisters! 

Sleep well.
Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment