Wednesday 4 September 2013

Word of the Day: Sunrise

I know it's late for the word of the day, but tomorrow, I'm going to be given some anesthesia for a procedure, nothing crazy, but I will probably be a little loony, so let's just consider this post for today and tomorrow. 

While driving to school this morning, I was just marveling at how glorious the sunrise was. It was just incredibly beautiful, and my initial thought was, "why?" "How can such beautiful wonders exist in such an imperfect world?" Not only that, but, "How am I lucky enough to get to see it?"

It would make sense for me to receive such an amazing gift if I had gone out yesterday and fed the hungry and clothed the naked, but the truth is, I just went to school, did my homework (most of it), and went to sleep. Not only that, but I had my fair share of faults yesterday as well! So why would God allow me to witness the glory of such an awesome sunrise, when I still forget to pray sometimes or I ignore the chances to spread His love to other people? Well the answer was right in front of me.

Just as sun rises everyday regardless of whether I'm a saint yet or not, so did the Son rise while I was still a sinner! This isn't a perfect analogy, but the key part of this post is that God knows we struggle and He simply wants us to come to Him for help, and He will always love us. 

Please pray for me, it's been a while since I've received anesthesia, so I'm not sure what to expect as far as side effects.

I hope you all have a wonderful night, I'll be praying for you!

God Bless!
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment