Tuesday 3 September 2013

Word of the Day: Buttons

A few weeks ago, when I bought the polo shirt which I wore to school today, I somehow failed to notice one key characteristic of the shirt. The collar has no buttons:


Oops!

It's not like it was some big problem. I probably would have still bought the shirt, but I can't help but feel slightly insecure with the fact that I didn't notice the lack of buttons. 

Lucky for you guys, I never miss the opportunity to point out analogous situations. In this particular instance, I keep thinking about how active God is in our lives, but how easy it is to get distracted by the drama and stress of our daily agenda and miss His workings of grace and healing. Let's be real, it's hard to think about God when you are confused with a Calculus problem or when you are taking an Economics quiz, but God never stops thinking about you, and He is always working in your life. If He did, theoretically, you might just cease existing.***

So brothers and sisters, my advice for y'all (and myself) is keep your eyes peeled, look for God, and don't be surprised when you find out He is everywhere! And also, check for buttons next time you go shopping!

God Bless!
Alex

***Does not reflect the view of the Church, it's just my silly imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment