Friday 6 September 2013

Enough

Just for a little preface, a group of girl friends and I started a Bible study over the summer to grow in our faith and friendships (and I couldn't even begin to tell you all of the incredible ways God has blessed me through it). Anyway, just last night we started a new book we picked out for the semester, titled Perfectly Unique: Praising God From Head to Foot, by Annie Downs. Ladies, I've only read the introduction and I already know this book is going to transform the way I'm able to love myself as our Father loves me, so I highly recommend it!

However, my point this morning is not just for girls, it just happened to occur to me via this book. In the intro, Annie discusses a beautiful view of the way God forms each of us. She puts it this way, that God, our Creator, formed one mold for each of us. Once He made you, He got rid of that mold. Because He doesn't want two, or three, or a million of you. He just wants YOU! One of you, the one, perfect you, is enough for Him. He intended for you to be exactly as you are. This perspective just made me stop and think about how important it is to just be me because God has a purpose for me, and for you, that is unlike anyone else's. Even when the world tells us in so many ways that we aren't enough, we can rest assured that we are enough for Him. We are enough, capable of being His instruments for the world to see His glory.

So, if we as sinners are enough for Him, is He not infinitely times more than enough for us? 

If you get a second, please listen to Enough by Chris Tomlin, it's pretty spot on.
"I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; that I know very well." -Psalm 139:14

Rise & shine & give God the glory,
Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment