Tuesday 10 September 2013

Word of the Day: Comfort

I like to be comfortable. It's the reason why, right now, I'm wearing bright orange sweat pants and a purple hoodie. It's also the reason I'll wear crocs and socks to school and still be able to justify my visible lack of fashion sense. Even though other people may object to my seemingly absurd choice of clothing, I'm comfortable, and sometimes my comfort is more important to me than what other people think, even God.


Often I find myself split between the option of being comfortable and the choice to follow God's will, because often God's will makes me very uncomfortable. For example, It's uncomfortable for me to pray before I eat my lunch at school. I know I use that example a lot, but it's a simple choice that we can make everyday, but we choose our comfort instead.

Here's the truth: 

"I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth."
Rev. 3:16

Brothers and Sisters, let's allow ourselves to put our comfort at the bottom of our priorities, because it makes us lukewarm! We need to truly believe what our papa in faith proclaimed,
"The world offers you comfort, but you were not made for comfort; you were made for greatness."
- Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI

Boom.

Well, that's all I have to say about that. I'll let you chew on it for a while. Please let me know if you're having trouble digesting it. I know, it's a tough pill to swallow.

God Bless,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment