Tuesday 13 August 2013

Word of the Day: Fallen

Have you ever come off of a retreat feeling invincible, like nothing could separate you from God, like you would never go back to being who you were before? But let's face the hard truth, it happens, and it feels a little bit like this:


Oops! Know the feeling? Yea, me too. So what can we do? How can we feel the way we did that night before the Blessed Sacrament singing an amazing song with other teenagers, maybe even crying! (That part is for the men) However, you can't go back to the retreat and start over, that train has left the station. 

Don't feel ripped off when I say this, but I don't know the answer. There's not a magic button to get those feelings back, or to make the tears fall. What I do know is this:

First I need you to ask yourself this question:

Am I willing to work in this relationship with God, to try and love and obey Him, to attempt to be a holier person, to still praise His name, even if I can't promise you it's gonna feel good every time you pray, or that you're going to feel consoled after every adoration?

If your answer is yes, then you have a long narrow path ahead of you, that will not be easy, but I think you know what to do the next time you fall.




Alright, I could talk for years, but I hear some poptarts calling my name.

Have a wonderfully swell, sacrament filled, overwhelmingly blessed, Tuesday!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment