Friday 9 August 2013

Word of the Day: Silence


That's right, I said it. Silence. Think about how much noise we have in our lives... If we aren't talking, we're watching tv or listening to music or watching vines or texting or all those other noisy activities. So with that being said, instead of you reading me lecture about how important silence is and how God speaks in the silence, let's just try a little activity. It's called shutup and listen. 


It's really easy just sit where you are and ask yourself the meditative questions that will provide from my imagination, and then listen. You probably won't hear anything audible, but by being quiet you are opening the door for God to work in your heart. Then when your done, I would love if you commented below and share what happened. Or not, whatever you're feeling.



Alright question 1.
If God is a real person like they say He is, (Hint. He is alive) then how is my relationship with Him right now?

Dos.
What can I do today that will please the God of the universe? 

767 - 764
If Jesus walked up to me right now and told me to leave everything without warning, and follow Him, what are the things that would make you hesitate? School, probably not.
Parents and family, maybe.
The comfort of your own bed, that's more like it. 
What else? Doubt? What about your carefully planned future and years of school in preparation for a career. Maybe you would just rather follow Jesus in your heart, but the actual literal following is a little extreme for you...

Alright folks, shutup and listen.

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God. I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth!"





Hey, God Bless, and have a wonderful day! 

Alex Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment