Thursday 8 August 2013

Word of the Day: Sacrifice

      
      Here's a quick one on what I think sacrifice is. When I hear the word sacrifice I usually think of this:


      Now as much as I love animal sacrifices, (For legal purposes, I should probably mention that I'm joking) I have to remind myself that sacrificing is more than borrowing blood from the best lamb and smearing it across your door. No, sacrificing is something we should be practicing everyday. (And for legal purposes I should mention that I do not mean that you should sacrifice animals everyday or any day for that matter)

      Sacrificing on a daily basis can mean something as simple as cleaning your room without being told to do so 30 trillion times by your mom. It can mean purposely pulling yourself out of the limelight so others can be noticed and loved. It can mean giving up one day of your summer so you can sit down and work on your college applications. Oh yea, and it can also mean this:


      I'll shutup and let the Holy Spirit work with you on that one.

      Today, try and sacrifice in a way that is unnoticeable by anyone else. Except... Jesus always notices, and He is generous to those who die to themselves because of their love for God:

Mathew 25:34-40
"Then the King will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;
for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'
Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink?
And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee?
And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?'
And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'"

2 comments:

  1. Simply Amazing!!!
    Really Love what youre doing as young Adults. You make US Proud. Gods Sweet Blessings to you all. ;)

    ReplyDelete